Saturday, July 14, 2018

Since the Service...

Where do we begin?

We have been so overwhelmed with the generosity of how everyone has walked with us through the process of losing Zachary.   How has it been over a month already?  It still feels like yesterday.  We hurt every single day missing our precious little guy.

We were able to go up north for a couple weeks.  We were hoping to be able to relax and rejuvenate which did happen a little but it is hard to try and find a “new normal” without Zachary.  It is so weird that he is gone.






I keep thinking all I have to do is drive down to PCH and go be with him.  Since he spent so much time there it wasn’t unusual for him to be gone weeks/months at a time.  I was not looking forward to coming home from our trip.  It has been the hardest to be home because Zachary's stuff is everywhere, on our walls, in the kitchen, his toys, and even his car seat in my car.   It is also so weird to only have two older boys to care for.   They are so self sufficient.

Bed time routine is another one of those triggers.  I would spend an hour at night doing Pookie Pooh’s bath and breathing treatments etc and now, that’s gone.   No more snuggles and as he would say in his goofy voice because he wanted tickled “hey, no more kisses.”   Well Mr. Zachary, God is now giving you all the kisses I can’t give you this side of heaven. I am so thankful to know he is whole and has no more medical issues.  Zachary can run around like a crazy little boy and not tire out after like 8 seconds. We ache soo bad because we can not hold him again here on earth but we try to hold onto the hope we have in Jesus and we know we will see Zachary again one day.

We have been blessed with amazing meals, flowers, drinks, and books.  The boys have also received fun gifts.  All these things help us get thru.   Micah and Josiah will be starting school in 3 weeks.  I am trying to wait on the Lord and figure out what my next steps are.  We drove over 51,000 miles for Zachary in 4 and a half years back and forth to appointments at PCH (that we tracked).  Both the boys will be  in school full time this year.   I am going to have more time this coming year with both boys full time and no more doctor appointments.  Zachary's care was a full time responsibility.

We are looking at getting  another puppy as we lost Charlie our pup the day after Zachary passed.  I have looked into possibly training a pup as a therapy dog for PCH.  We are looking for some kind of doodle at this point.  If anyone knows any breeders we would love help in this area.  We would like to do this in memory of Zachary.

We also would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who sent Josiah birthday cards!!!  He felt SO loved.   Thank you thank you for the help in making his birthday so special. He got 80+ cards!!!!


How to continue to help:

Prayer for continued healing for our family. Our life still seems like its in pieces.
Prayer for Micah and Josiah as we help them walk thru this grieving process
Prayer do David and I as we continue to grieve Zachary’s passing.
We are looking for another puppy.  Pray we find the right one and or the right breeder.
Continued texts are always encouraging
Kind notes in the mail always brighten the day.

Thank you to all who helped make Zachary’s Celebration of Life so special.  Our next post will be  pictures of his service and the video of his service.

Please know we are so amazingly thankful to everyone who has brought us meals or  have come by to say “Hi”.  I am sorry I have not been able to send personal thank you cards but know we have no words to say how amazing the body of Christ has been.   THANK YOU!!!!








6 comments:

  1. My prayers and love continue. I am just getting things in order from being gone, so will touch base with you soon❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart. It aches with you.
    You are so brave and so honest. Love you guys! You are in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica - it’s cathartic being honest, thanks for praying

      Delete
  3. I would like to contact you privately. Please email me jglosser73@gmail.com at your convenience & I'll send you my phone number.

    ReplyDelete