Thursday, April 18, 2019

Life

Where to start?  
I’ll start with the amazing Hearts and Heroes Reunion we just had for the PCH heart community.  What an amazing day!  Thank you to EVERYONE who had a hand in it!  It would not have been possible without all the support from Phoenix Childrens Hospital and the Scottsdale Fire Department.

Zachary would have been so impressed with that day!!!

Thank you again for all of the support.  It was a small way to support the heart community, and remember those heart kiddos who have gone to heaven. 

Next, Since Zachary passed David and I had talked about getting away for a few days.   We have not been able to do this really, since I was pregnant with Zachary.  David and I took maybe two trips up to Flagstaff for a night to get away when Zachary was still alive.  We were not able to leave for long periods of time or go far because Zachary was in and out of the hospital his entire life. 

One night last fall, we were at an auction for our boys' school and there was a trip to Hawaii being auctioned off. David and I both knew we could not afford it, but would LOVE it. The item sold and we proceeded with the evening enjoying our meal and having fun seeing all the other auction items.  The night came to an end and we were heading out and we got stopped. 

The couple that won the Hawaii trip walked over to us and put the leis around our necks.  I said something like “What are you doing?” “thanks for the flowers?” and they began to explain that they bid on that trip for us......... UUUMMM.........what do you say to that?   I thought I was dreaming.  Who does that? Spend money on an amazing trip and give it away?  Well, this amazing couple does.   They have a heart of giving and they will never know how much this means to David and I.

I was in tears and really had no idea what to say.   “Thank You” really doesn’t cut it.   So fast forward a few months we really started to believe we were not dreaming and we really had the opportunity to go to Hawaii.  So, David and I booked our stay.   
Honestly, it took me a while to get really excited.  I struggled with knowing if Zachary was here we wouldn’t be doing this trip.   What I wouldn’t give to just have him here after going on a dream trip. 
I know we are a part of God’s plan and I was able to finally get excited about going. We left last Tuesday and we just got home from this dream trip and had an amazing time.   David and I said this should happen for all couples who have gone thru child loss.  

David and I were able to go snorkeling and on our way back to shore, we saw probably 20 dolphins swimming alongside our boat doing flips and jumping out of the water and having a good ole time.  It was amazing to see.  We also went zip-lining over amazing waterfalls. The view was amazing.  We also had time to just chill by the beach and take naps.  What an awesome time it was.  Here are some pictures to enjoy.






































No comments:

Post a Comment