Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

Joy, Thankfulness and Peace - These three imply a state of mind can may or may not reflect the surrounding circumstances.

People often ask us how we are doing.  Recently, many days we are emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausted.  No matter how well Zachary has done in the hospital, the hospital leeches that strength that you have built up. It is not noticeable at first, but over time it makes a huge difference.

Before Zachary, life seemed so simple.  We didnt have to care a whole lot on our other boys physiology because they were normal.  Normal is simple.  Sure we would get stressed when they would get a cold or upset tummy (normally because they had to poop), but Holy Cow that was simple.

Maybe a simple life is not necessarily the circumstances that we are surrounded with but instead it is our focus on priorities.  A simple life, I would argue, is to be focusing on who God is and what He has done, is doing and will do.

This passage from Psalms 18 comes to mind during this time.

  I love you, O Lord, my strength.
  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
  I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.
  The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
  the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.
  In my distress I called upon the Lord;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.


Zachary's first thanksgiving is spent at PCH.  Becky went down to be with Zachary this morning.  Sad the family couldn't be together but glad and thankful he is still here with us.
Happy thanksgiving from PCH. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Getz family! May you continue to enjoy the simple life and the Lord's presence and faithfulness in the midst of your complicated circumstances. May rest and peace surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving from our family to your family....Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete