Sunday, December 6, 2015

Zachary Fell! Blood Everywhere!

"Help! Zachary Fell! Blood Everywhere!" - Becky
Zachary, Micah and Becky are back in one of the bedrooms when she called out.
"What?!" I drop what I was working on and ran to them. Becky and Zachary are in the entrance to Micah and Josiah's room. I see the blood. It is covering Zachary's face, hands, arms and shirt. Blood is on the floor. Zachary is crying! The tears and blood mix together to spreading the red liquid further. 
"Help me find where the bleeding is coming from!  - Becky
"Move him to his changing table so we both can see!" I order.  
As we move Zachary, Josiah and Micah are scared. They know the look that Becky and I have and know it is not good. Josiah starts crying and shaking. 
"It looks like Zachary is bleeding from his mouth. He might have fallen. Get ice and a burp cloth!" - Becky
A Popsicle and burp cloth are quickly administered. We determined that he doesn't seem to be bleeding inside his mouth, just his lip. 
Zachary has calmed down after the initial shock. Josiah has not. I grab Josiah and hold him tight. "It's ok bud. Zachary will be ok."
"Are the firefighters coming?" he asks. 
I should not be surprised by the question as we have had to call at least 5 times in the last year and have them come to transport Zachary to PCH. We have also driven Zachary down to the ER a couple more times when we knew he would be ok on the road. 
"I think we don't need them this time but Mommy and I will take Zachary to the hospital." Then inspiration hits me "Do you want a Popsicle like Zachary?"
Zachary has cut his lip and with the blood thinner, we decide to take him to PCH to get checked out. (Second surprise visit in a week.)  
Josiah was pretty rattled and sometimes I forget the bond that he has with Zachary. Josiah hates it when Zachary is not doing well. He breaks down and cries and I think it I because Josiah can't process the emotions of our situation sometimes. He is only three.
Docs check Zachary out and he is no longer bleeding from his lip. Sent home. 

Fast forward to tonight:
Zachary has opened up the wound and bleeding. Saliva with blood makes him look like something out of The Walking Dead tv show. We will monitor the output tonight and decide tomorrow as to our options. 

Us trying to hold him down as we investigate. 
The source of his leak. 


I won't post the pic I just took of Zachary (11pm). Lots of blood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment